Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

my first fpga hps

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Im just trying to run my_first_hps_fpga but when I try to make in the shell there is an error  

I dont get where is the problem  

pleaase help me 

there is an attachement.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry the forum automatically reduced your image and the error message is unreadable. Please either paste the text in the forum or use another format than jpeg.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes , when I launch make  

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-static-g-wall -I/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include -c main.c -o-main.o 

process began :create Process<NULL, arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-static-g-wall -I/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include -c main.c -o-main.o ---> failed  

the error was : make <e=2> the system cannot find the file specified . 

Itry to run the project in DEmonstrations SOC-fpga-my first _hps_fpga flowing the same steps like this project :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wuket4-q7q 

thank u
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The name of the comiler command is arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc, so I wonder if you are missing some spaces in your makefile. Do you really have arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-static-g-wall without any spaces? -static and "-g -Wall" (with a capital W) are also options that should be separated with spaces. 

Could you show your makefile?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yeaah Im just put the commnd make and it automatically generated 

MY operating system is windows 8.1 

Should I have linux to do this in my laptop ? 

MY MAKE FILE 

#  

TARGET = my_first_hps-fpga 

#  

CROSS_COMPILE = arm-linux-gnueabihf- 

CFLAGS = -static -g -Wall -I${SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT}/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include 

LDFLAGS = -g -Wall  

CC = $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc 

ARCH= arm 

build: $(TARGET) 

$(TARGET): main.o  

$(CC) $(LDFLAGS) $^ -o $@  

%.o : %.c 

$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $< -o $@ 

.PHONY: clean 

clean: 

rm -f $(TARGET) *.a *.o *~
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No you don't need linux, as long as you are using the SOC EDS shell it should work fine. Could you check out if SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT is set correctly in the shell? just write: 

echo $SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT
0 Kudos