Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

need help for niosII 9.1 flash programmer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

when I use USB-Blaster to program flash,it always stop and there are some words say: 

Using cable"USB-Blaster[USB-0]",device 1,instance 0x00 

Resetting and pausing target processor:FAILED 

Leaving target processor paused 

below is one line of red words say: 

Error code:4 for command:$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin/nios2-flash-programmer"E:/gmr_prog/pro_v2/flash/gmr_sys_v2_cfi_flash.flash"-base=0x200000-sidp=0x50110A0-id=0x7193BE6F-accept-bad-sysid-device=1-instance=0'-cable=USB-Blaster[USB-0]"-program-verbose 

how can I resolve this problem? 

thank you !
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The FAILED line is the one you need to resolve, first. I've seen this is a number of cases, but it usually happens to me when I connect the clocks/resets incorrectly. 

Regards, 

--slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I'm in the process of migrating a SOPC design to QSYS (using Quartus II version 11.1sp1). Doing so, I was checking that things are working as they should. When using the Flash Programmer inorder to program the flash memory device, I was getting the Error code 4 message when using the Flash Programmer:  

"Error code:4 for command:..." 

It turned of that in my case "faulty" connections in QSYS was causing the error message. I had connected the NiosII Processor's "jtag_debug_module_reset" to several reset ports for IP's in the QSYS design, (including the Generice tri-state controller/conduit pin sharer/conduit bridge IP modules). 

Removing these connections made the error message go away. Perhaps this can be of help to others getting the same error code 

saber890
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am also having the same issue .niosii processor's "jtag_debug_module_reset" we need to connect the jtag debug module ??.I removed the reset connection from NiosII Processor's "jtag_debug_module_reset" to reset ports for IP's in the QSYS design, (including the Generice tri-state controller/conduit pin sharer/conduit bridge IP modules). 

but this reset connection is needed : -niosii processor's "jtag_debug_module_reset" to jtag debug module reset. ???? 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi,  

I'm in the process of migrating a SOPC design to QSYS (using Quartus II version 11.1sp1). Doing so, I was checking that things are working as they should. When using the Flash Programmer inorder to program the flash memory device, I was getting the Error code 4 message when using the Flash Programmer:  

"Error code:4 for command:..." 

It turned of that in my case "faulty" connections in QSYS was causing the error message. I had connected the NiosII Processor's "jtag_debug_module_reset" to several reset ports for IP's in the QSYS design, (including the Generice tri-state controller/conduit pin sharer/conduit bridge IP modules). 

Removing these connections made the error message go away. Perhaps this can be of help to others getting the same error code 

saber890 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos