Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

nios on fpga not responding proper

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have built nios on fpga.Nios design includes clock source,nios,jtag,on-hip memory,PIO-connected to led.Then I did counter c program on eclipse.GETs 00-ff output on console window but led not blinking on board. I used led pin properly. 

I used in built eclipse binary count program.What is problem? 

please reply 

ThankYOU
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

how are you writing to the PIO? 

it should be something like this: 

while(1) 

IOWR_ALTERA_AVALON_PIO_DATA(PIO_0_BASE, count&0xFF); //write a value to show Nios is alive 

count++; 

delayOneSecond(); 

you can check that you are writing to the correct address by running in debug mode and manually edit the memory location and see if the LEDs change.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Actually I just used the inbuilt Binary count program template from eclipse. can u please check that? 

In that 4 switches are assigned to different peripherals. SW0 is set to blink led. while pressing sw0 I should get the led display .Right????  

else please help me in righting the simple program.