Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12437 Discussions

nios system-board switches not responding to eclipse program.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have developed a niosII system. tried to implement count_binary.c file from eclipse library.Now the problem is its not responding to switches. always edge capture detects 0 only .....that is switches of board not responding. 

how to check whether it is the problem due to error in switches or not??????  

I am using stratixII ep2s60f672c3n board.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Signal tap is a good place to start from the internals of the FPGA. 

But if you want to see if the switch is doing anything, break out a logic analyzer, or o-scope, and probe the output of the switch. If the board is missing a pull-up or pull-down, that may be your problem. 

Pete
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,, 

I tried signal tap analizer for switch signals.  

first I did it by independently taking all the switch signals. then I got logic 1 waveform. 

after I did signal tap by combining all the switch signals.then got combilation error as... "can't fit design in device .... is this creating problem my design???? 

I have attached screenshot documents . 

please check it. 

Thank you