Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

nios2-download on command line not working

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am attempting to use the demo project for the DE3 DDR2 example. 

Whenever the batch file (contents listed way below) gets to the line nios2-download, it gives errors about the command. 

I tried running it in cygwin (my install) as well as its batch file which calls the nios version of cygwin but it gives the same errors: 

Any clues on what's going on?  

/cygdrive/c/altera/13.0sp1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 2: $'\r': command not found 

/cygdrive/c/altera/13.0sp1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 4: $'\r': command not found 

/cygdrive/c/altera/13.0sp1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 15: $'\r': command not found 

/cygdrive/c/altera/13.0sp1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 17: $'\r': command not found 

/cygdrive/c/altera/13.0sp1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 23: $'\r': command not found 

/cygdrive/c/altera/13.0sp1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 25: syntax error near unexpected token 

`$'{\r'' 

'cygdrive/c/altera/13.0sp1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 25: `{ 

$ more de3_ddr2.bat 

%QUARTUS_ROOTDIR%\\bin\\quartus_pgm.exe -z -m JTAG -c USB-Blaster[USB-0] -o "p;DE3_DDR2.sof" 

@ "%QUARTUS_ROOTDIR%\bin\cygwin\bin\bash.exe" --rcfile ".\de3_ddr2_bashrc" 

pause
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I´m experiencing exactly the same problem. 

Were you able to find the solution to that? 

I´m using Win7-64 and have cygwin installed. 

Cheers, 

Bruno
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Its been so long ago that I had this but I think it was a problem of the unix to dos problem. So, I remember taking all the script files (plain text) and running the dos2unix on the file. Do, nios2-download is a script call to other files some executables. So, do this on that file 

dos2unix nios2-download 

And it changes the line endings to the right format for cygwin. I think if you ran the command in windows command window, it would be needed but cygwin is Unix-like.  

--- Quote Start ---  

I´m experiencing exactly the same problem. 

Were you able to find the solution to that? 

I´m using Win7-64 and have cygwin installed. 

Cheers, 

Bruno 

--- Quote End ---