Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

nios2-download problem uClinux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm trying to get uClinux working on my development board. I walked all the steps i founded on alterawiki 

At the moment that i want to download the image to the board by the following actions: 

cd nios2-linux/uClinux-dist 

nios2-configure-sof /home/bart/Nios2.sof  

nios2-download -g /home/bart/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/images/linux.initramfs.gz 

I get the following error on the last step: 

/home/bart/altera/11.1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 596: nios2-elf-objcopy: command not found 

/home/bart/altera/11.1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-gdb-server-wrapped: error while loading shared libraries: libjtag_client.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

rm: cannot remove `/home/bart/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/images/linux.initramfs.gz.srec': No such file or directory 

Can anyone help me with my problem?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please, can anyone help me with this problem?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you try to launch sdk_shell in nios2eds folder ? 

cd ~/altera/11.1/nios2eds 

./nios2_command_shell.sh 

./sdk_shell 

exit
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for replaying, it was helpful...  

It solved my problem but now if have another problem: 

nios2-gdb-server-wrapped: nios2debug.cpp:578: virtual ADI_ERRO NIOSDEBUG::leave_debug_mode(): Assertion `m_STATE_DEBUG' failed. 

/home/bart/altera/11.1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 609: 939 Aborted 

nios2-gdb-server --go --tcpport none --write-pid /home/bart/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/images/nios2-download.pid /home/bart/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/images/linux.initramfs.gz.srec 

I think there is something wrong in my quartus project, 

anyone a idea what it cute be
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So nios2-configure myfgpa.sof command is working i suppose ? 

But download Kernel image failed. 

Did you try to use nios2-download -g myapp.elf command with a simple program like "hello world" on your fpga sof ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried it, and it failed.. So i think that my nios2 is corrupted! Something wrong with the connection to the SDRAM i suppose  

There is still somethings to do :) 

thanks for you help!!
0 Kudos