Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

nios2-download problem uClinux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm trying to get uClinux working on my development board. I walked all the steps i founded on alterawiki 

At the moment that i want to download the image to the board by the following actions: 

cd nios2-linux/uClinux-dist 

nios2-configure-sof /home/bart/Nios2.sof  

nios2-download -g /home/bart/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/images/linux.initramfs.gz 

I get the following error on the last step: 

/home/bart/altera/11.1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 596: nios2-elf-objcopy: command not found 

/home/bart/altera/11.1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-gdb-server-wrapped: error while loading shared libraries: libjtag_client.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

rm: cannot remove `/home/bart/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/images/linux.initramfs.gz.srec': No such file or directory 

Can anyone help me with my problem?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please, can anyone help me with this problem?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you try to launch sdk_shell in nios2eds folder ? 

cd ~/altera/11.1/nios2eds 

./nios2_command_shell.sh 

./sdk_shell 

exit
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for replaying, it was helpful...  

It solved my problem but now if have another problem: 

nios2-gdb-server-wrapped: nios2debug.cpp:578: virtual ADI_ERRO NIOSDEBUG::leave_debug_mode(): Assertion `m_STATE_DEBUG' failed. 

/home/bart/altera/11.1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 609: 939 Aborted 

nios2-gdb-server --go --tcpport none --write-pid /home/bart/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/images/nios2-download.pid /home/bart/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/images/linux.initramfs.gz.srec 

I think there is something wrong in my quartus project, 

anyone a idea what it cute be
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So nios2-configure myfgpa.sof command is working i suppose ? 

But download Kernel image failed. 

Did you try to use nios2-download -g myapp.elf command with a simple program like "hello world" on your fpga sof ?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried it, and it failed.. So i think that my nios2 is corrupted! Something wrong with the connection to the SDRAM i suppose  

There is still somethings to do :) 

thanks for you help!!