Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

nios2-flash-programmer-gui incorrect EPCS Flash Controller base address in MMU design

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I noticed that, in case of an MMU-enabled Nios II design, the nios2-flash-programmer GUI moves the base address of the EPCS flash controller into the untranslated memory area (e.g. 0x00001800 ==> 0xc0001800) and adds the --mmu option for the nios2-flash-programmer tool, but the tool expects the true physical base address instead and uses --mmu to do the translation by itself. That causes the error: 

"The EPCS base address must be physical memory address below 0x20000000." 

I managed to workaround this by manually changing the translated address back to the physical address in the generated flash_programmer.sh script that is in the staging directory (./script). 

What could I be doing wrong to get this error in the first place ? 

Interestingly, the --mmu option is not in the Nios 2 Flash Programmer User Guide (Feb. 2010 ed.), but it is nevertheless available (nios2-flash-programmer --help).
0 Kudos
0 Replies