Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

nios2-gdb-server Assertion `!flush || m_pending.empty()' failed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am working on some nios2 software to be embedded in a hardware design outside of my control. After I load the software, I am intermittently seeing the following error from nios2-gdb-server, and the incidence rate is increasing as we deploy a larger sized code into the FPGA. This is becoming an issue to the detriment of making any effective progress on the software to meet deadlines. Should I suspect problems in the Altera tools or should I suspect issues with the hardware design. Does anyone have experience with this error? 

nios2-gdb-server --tcpport=5092 

Using cable "USB-Blaster [3-1.2]", device 1, instance 0x00 

Pausing target processor: OK 

Listening on port 5092 for connection from GDB: accepted 

nios2-gdb-server-wrapped: nios2oci.cpp:1234: bool NIOS2OCI::check_pending(bool): Assertion `!flush || m_pending.empty()' failed. 

Aborted (core dumped) 

Thanks 

PS: this is Quartus 13.1
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey i have a similar problem 

->> 

assertion "!flush || m_pending.empty()" failed: file "nios2oci.cpp", line 1234 

/cygdrive/c/altera/14.0/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 609: 9836 Aborted (core dumped) nios2-gdb-server --cable 'USB-Blaster on localhost [USB-0]' --device 1 --instance 0 --sidp 0x140 --accept-bad-sysid --tcpport auto --write-pid ./nios2-download.pid 

did u solve the problem ?  

Thanks !  

Jalayan
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I also have had a similar problem: 

assertion "!flush || m_pending.empty()" failed: file "nios2oci.cpp", line 1234 

/cygdrive/c/altera/13.1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 609: 3372 aborted (core dumped) nios2-gdb-server --cable '' --device 1 --instance 0 --sidp 0x74003e00 --accept-bad-sysid --tcpport auto --write-pid ./nios2-download.pid 

In my case not sure if it is a timing issue, most of the times it is solved by running the synthesis again without cleaning the project...  

Has any one had a similar problem and was able to find what was the cause? 

Best regards, 

Filipe Teixeira 

http://about.me/teixeirafms
0 Kudos