Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

nios2-gdb-server Assertion `!flush || m_pending.empty()' failed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am working on some nios2 software to be embedded in a hardware design outside of my control. After I load the software, I am intermittently seeing the following error from nios2-gdb-server, and the incidence rate is increasing as we deploy a larger sized code into the FPGA. This is becoming an issue to the detriment of making any effective progress on the software to meet deadlines. Should I suspect problems in the Altera tools or should I suspect issues with the hardware design. Does anyone have experience with this error? 

nios2-gdb-server --tcpport=5092 

Using cable "USB-Blaster [3-1.2]", device 1, instance 0x00 

Pausing target processor: OK 

Listening on port 5092 for connection from GDB: accepted 

nios2-gdb-server-wrapped: nios2oci.cpp:1234: bool NIOS2OCI::check_pending(bool): Assertion `!flush || m_pending.empty()' failed. 

Aborted (core dumped) 

Thanks 

PS: this is Quartus 13.1
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey i have a similar problem 

->> 

assertion "!flush || m_pending.empty()" failed: file "nios2oci.cpp", line 1234 

/cygdrive/c/altera/14.0/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 609: 9836 Aborted (core dumped) nios2-gdb-server --cable 'USB-Blaster on localhost [USB-0]' --device 1 --instance 0 --sidp 0x140 --accept-bad-sysid --tcpport auto --write-pid ./nios2-download.pid 

did u solve the problem ?  

Thanks !  

Jalayan
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I also have had a similar problem: 

assertion "!flush || m_pending.empty()" failed: file "nios2oci.cpp", line 1234 

/cygdrive/c/altera/13.1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 609: 3372 aborted (core dumped) nios2-gdb-server --cable '' --device 1 --instance 0 --sidp 0x74003e00 --accept-bad-sysid --tcpport auto --write-pid ./nios2-download.pid 

In my case not sure if it is a timing issue, most of the times it is solved by running the synthesis again without cleaning the project...  

Has any one had a similar problem and was able to find what was the cause? 

Best regards, 

Filipe Teixeira 

http://about.me/teixeirafms