Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

nios2-gdb-server.exe: command not found

jca
Beginner

After a long time I have a project for fpga and nios 2. I downloaded quartus 20.1.1. After many, many problems, I installed it and put it in working order. According to the posts on the discussion forum. The IDE quartus starts, I create a project with nios 2, the eclipse goes and starts, I create a project and compile the program.

But I can't get over this error:

nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 544: nios2-gdb-server.exe: command not found

Older versions worked. As of version 19, it is a non-functional development environment.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @jca,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Can you please share what are the nios ii command line used which caused that error? Did you managed to try with a more simple project (i.e. hello world template) to see if it works? And I believe you have WSL installed on your environment yes?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @jca,

Hope this message find you well and good day, unfortunately as we do not receive any response from you to the previous clarification that we have provided. Would recommend to try and installed Cygwin and run eclipse-nios2.exe to see if eclipse able to start gdbserver correctly.

This thread will now be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries, please feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
FernandoI
Beginner

I am also having this problem. How hard is it to make things work with these intel Nios II / FPGA even following a simple tutorial?

My error is:
"/mnt/c/intelfpga_lite/20.1/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 544: nios2-gdb-server.exe: command not found "

I have found this to be true, since there is no "nios2-download" folder nor any "nios2-gdb-server.exe". I was wondering if there is any instructions of what to do in this case. Should I download it myself? is there an alternative?

0 Kudos
FernandoI
Beginner

I figured it out that my antivirus deleted the debbuger nios2-gdb-server.exe, so I installed everything again following the instructions for the wsl and eclipse ide installations and set intel's folders as execption to the antivirus and everything seems to be working again.

0 Kudos