Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

nios2 gsl linking problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello 

i am using Nios II EDS 11.1 and i want to use gsl for some processing. i had done all of steps for introducing gsl include path to eclipse. gsl is built with nios ii gcc. and i wrote the blew code: 

#include <stdio.h>#include <gsl/gsl_sf_bessel.h> int main() { printf("Hello from Nios II!\n"); double x=5.0; double y=gsl_sf_bessel_J0(x); return 0; } 

and i recieve the below error on console: 

**** Build of configuration Nios II for project gslt1 **** make all Info: Building ../gslt1_bsp/ make --no-print-directory -C ../gslt1_bsp/ Info: Compiling hello_world.c to obj/default/hello_world.o nios2-elf-gcc -xc -MP -MMD -c -I../gslt1_bsp//HAL/inc -I../gslt1_bsp/ -I../gslt1_bsp//drivers/inc -IC:\altera\11.1\quartus\bin\cygwin\usr\local\include -IC:\altera\11.1\quartus\bin\cygwin\usr\local\include\gsl -DSYSTEM_BUS_WIDTH=32 -pipe -D__hal__ -DALT_NO_INSTRUCTION_EMULATION -DALT_SINGLE_THREADED -O0 -g -Wall -EL -mno-hw-div -mhw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -o obj/default/hello_world.o hello_world.c hello_world.c: In function 'main': hello_world.c:23: warning: unused variable 'y' Info: Linking gslt1.elf nios2-elf-g++ -u close -T'../gslt1_bsp//linker.x' -msys-crt0='../gslt1_bsp//obj/HAL/src/crt0.o' -msys-lib=hal_bsp -L../gslt1_bsp/ -LC:\altera\11.1\quartus\bin\cygwin\usr\local\lib -Wl,-Map=gslt1.map -O0 -g -Wall -EL -mno-hw-div -mhw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -o gslt1.elf obj/default/hello_world.o -lm -lgsl -lgslcblas obj/default/hello_world.o: In function `main': E:\DE2-115\DE2_115_demonstrations\DE2_115_Audio\software\gslt1/hello_world.c:23: undefined reference to `gsl_sf_bessel_J0' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** Error 1 

please help me.  

thank you
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'd check that the library (libgsl.a ?) actually contains the required symbol.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you for your response, yes this is true, but in linking session this error occurred.what can i do with this problem?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It is also possible that the linker is finding a different copy of the library - the -L parameters set the search path. 

An alternative is to explicitly specify path/libfoo.a (or libfoo.so) on the linker command line instead of -lfoo. Removing the vaguaries of the search path. 

Not sure whether the IDE will let you do that though.
0 Kudos