Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

nios2 gsl linking problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello 

i am using Nios II EDS 11.1 and i want to use gsl for some processing. i had done all of steps for introducing gsl include path to eclipse. gsl is built with nios ii gcc. and i wrote the blew code: 

#include <stdio.h>#include <gsl/gsl_sf_bessel.h> int main() { printf("Hello from Nios II!\n"); double x=5.0; double y=gsl_sf_bessel_J0(x); return 0; } 

and i recieve the below error on console: 

**** Build of configuration Nios II for project gslt1 **** make all Info: Building ../gslt1_bsp/ make --no-print-directory -C ../gslt1_bsp/ Info: Compiling hello_world.c to obj/default/hello_world.o nios2-elf-gcc -xc -MP -MMD -c -I../gslt1_bsp//HAL/inc -I../gslt1_bsp/ -I../gslt1_bsp//drivers/inc -IC:\altera\11.1\quartus\bin\cygwin\usr\local\include -IC:\altera\11.1\quartus\bin\cygwin\usr\local\include\gsl -DSYSTEM_BUS_WIDTH=32 -pipe -D__hal__ -DALT_NO_INSTRUCTION_EMULATION -DALT_SINGLE_THREADED -O0 -g -Wall -EL -mno-hw-div -mhw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -o obj/default/hello_world.o hello_world.c hello_world.c: In function 'main': hello_world.c:23: warning: unused variable 'y' Info: Linking gslt1.elf nios2-elf-g++ -u close -T'../gslt1_bsp//linker.x' -msys-crt0='../gslt1_bsp//obj/HAL/src/crt0.o' -msys-lib=hal_bsp -L../gslt1_bsp/ -LC:\altera\11.1\quartus\bin\cygwin\usr\local\lib -Wl,-Map=gslt1.map -O0 -g -Wall -EL -mno-hw-div -mhw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -o gslt1.elf obj/default/hello_world.o -lm -lgsl -lgslcblas obj/default/hello_world.o: In function `main': E:\DE2-115\DE2_115_demonstrations\DE2_115_Audio\software\gslt1/hello_world.c:23: undefined reference to `gsl_sf_bessel_J0' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** Error 1 

please help me.  

thank you
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'd check that the library (libgsl.a ?) actually contains the required symbol.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you for your response, yes this is true, but in linking session this error occurred.what can i do with this problem?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It is also possible that the linker is finding a different copy of the library - the -L parameters set the search path. 

An alternative is to explicitly specify path/libfoo.a (or libfoo.so) on the linker command line instead of -lfoo. Removing the vaguaries of the search path. 

Not sure whether the IDE will let you do that though.