Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

nios2-linux.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sir, 

I have been tying to run uclinux on De0-Nano board. Iam using ubuntu12.04 and also running quartus,now i wants to download nio2-linux20090929.tar, because of unstable net connection i cont download nio2-linux,i tried the download accelators like uget,wget,fatrat .downthemall ,thse all those things are not working,kinly any help?  

How to download nios-linux20090929.tar form secured website. 

Thanks 

Alex.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

"nio2-linux20090929.tar" seems very old and supposedly is not supported any more.  

-Michael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, tel me latest one of nios-linux and downloading procedure also. 

Thanks, 

Alex.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for reply, 

But i downloaded the old version nios2-linux, as i told am trying to run uclinux on DE0-Nano, for iam trying to generate the linux imagae, but i failed . 

make menuconfig 

• Under Vendor/Product Selection, choosed Altera as the Vendor, and nios2 as the Altera Products. 

• Under Kernel/Library/Defaults Selection, i have to choose Customize Kernel Settings, but its not selected, what i have to to? 

at last if run "make" command its showing error as mentioned below 

lex@alex:~/Desktop/abc/uClinux/distro/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist$ make 

ln -sf staging-pkg-config tools/nios2-linux-uclibc-pkg-config 

rm -f /home/alex/Desktop/abc/uClinux/distro/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x/usr/initramfs_data.cpio.gz 

make ARCH=nios2 CROSS_COMPILE=nios2-linux-uclibc- -C /home/alex/Desktop/abc/uClinux/distro/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/../linux-2.6 O=/home/alex/Desktop/abc/uClinux/distro/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x -j4 zImage || exit 1 

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/alex/Desktop/abc/uClinux/distro/nios2-linux/linux-2.6' 

/bin/sh: 1: nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc: not found 

make[2]: nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc: Command not found 

make[2]: nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc: Command not found 

CHK include/asm-nios2/nios2.h 

perl -I/home/alex/Desktop/abc/uClinux/distro/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/scripts /home/alex/Desktop/abc/uClinux/distro/nios2-linux/linux-2.6/arch/nios2/scripts/gen_nios2.h.pl cpu sdram < /home/alex/uClinux/hardware/DE0-Nano/simple/DE0_Nano_SOPC.ptf > include/asm-nios2/nios2.h.tmp; if [ -r include/asm-nios2/nios2.h ] && cmp -s include/asm-nios2/nios2.h include/asm-nios2/nios2.h.tmp; then rm -f include/asm-nios2/nios2.h.tmp; else echo ' UPD include/asm-nios2/nios2.h'; mv -f include/asm-nios2/nios2.h.tmp include/asm-nios2/nios2.h; fi 

GEN /home/alex/Desktop/abc/uClinux/distro/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/linux-2.6.x/Makefile 

CHK include/linux/version.h 

CHK include/linux/utsrelease.h 

SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-nios2 

Using /home/alex/Desktop/abc/uClinux/distro/nios2-linux/linux-2.6 as source for kernel 

CC scripts/mod/empty.o 

/bin/sh: 1: nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc: not found 

make[4]: *** [scripts/mod/empty.o] Error 127 

make[3]: *** [scripts/mod] Error 2 

make[2]: *** [scripts] Error 2 

make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... 

make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2 

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alex/Desktop/abc/uClinux/distro/nios2-linux/linux-2.6' 

make: *** [linux] Error 1 

Any help?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

But i downloaded the old version nios2-linux, .... 

--- Quote End ---  

You can use it, if you are happy with it, but you can't ask anybody for any help. This is bleeding edge technology and gets improved rather quickly, so the old stuff tends to be a lot more buggy than the current work in progress.  

-Michael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for reply 

Sir, I dont have any intention to use old one,i tried nearly one month to download ,due unstable net connection.Now new thing means again i have to wait one more month,now i have important work,thats the reason,plz any help?and i will try to download new one.any suggestions ,y am unable to generate linux image,in my previous post i posted my problem, kindly any help. 

Thanks, 

Alex.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry for your unstable connection.  

To work with Linux on Nios using git is absolutely necessary, and here lots of data needs to be transferred. So supposedly you first need to fix any network problems.  

-Michael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks sir, 

Minimum it will stay 2 to 3 hours(netconnection), have seen my error,where is the mistake?Kindly tel me,its very important for me. 

Thanks in Advence, 

Alex.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not doing any active development with NIOS any more, so I can't provide any specif help on that. Just trying to provide some global hints :(.  

Maybe others might jump in.  

-Michael
0 Kudos