Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

nios2-terminal operates differently than the IDE

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In debug mode using the JTAG UART, the Nios II Terminal Console window in the IDE echos back characters entered from the console, and handles destructive backspace characters. When I compile in release mode and use the stand-alone nios2-terminal.exe application, no characters are echoed, and the backspace seems to be ignored. The Nios application in the FPGA receives all of the characters typed, but the lack of real-time visual feedback is annoying. Outputs to the console from the Nios application are displayed the same in both cases. I can conditionally compile the release mode code to echo characters, but the echo does not occur until after the return key is pressed. 

I can find no nios2-terminal command line parameters that will enable character echo. Does anybody know how to do this, or is there a way of calling the IDE Nios II Terminal Console as a stand-alone application?
0 Kudos
0 Replies