Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12604 Discussions

no monitor terminal and usb blaster loses setting linux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am runing quartus 13.1 with qprogrammer 13.1 and the university monitor program, specifically the altera monitor program with the DE-0 nano board. I am using fedora 20 64 bit as OS and have installed the programs. I am having two problems, first with the usb blaster. I have setup the 51-usbblaster.rules according to the archlinux wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/altera_design_software) and it worked only a couple of times. After a few times (2 or 3) of connecting to the board it loses the configuration and I must repeat the instructions in that wiki, from copying the file and running jtagconfig. Sometimes I have to repeat those a couple times before it works again. I tried to use the Altera instructions for configuring the blaster for redhat v4+ and that did not work at all. I have this problem whether I use the qprogrammer or altera monitor program to connect to the board. The next problem I have is with the altera monitor program, when I actually get the blaster to work and download my code to the board, then click run I get and error saying that "bad interpreter no file found or does not exist" for the terminal of the monitor program. I have checked and file was not installed in the directory it is looking, but it installed in another location. The file and path it is looking in is .../University_Program/altera-monitor-program/bin/bin/nios2terminal, it is installed in .../altera-monitor-program/bin/nios2terminal . I have made that directory as the 2nd bin folder does not exist and copied that file to the new folder and still receive the same error. I did only copy the file so there were 2 instances of it, but it did not work. I need to have the terminal for I/O, I have compiled and run these programs on other machines (windows7 and mac) and they work. 

my 51-usbblaster .rules file looks like this and is in the /etc/udev/rules.d/ directory 

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendow}=="09fb", ATTR{idProduct}=="6001", MODE="0666" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTR{idProduct}=="6002", MODE="0666" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTR{idProduct}=="6003", MODE="0666" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTR{idProduct}=="6010", MODE="0666" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTR{idProduct}=="6810", MODE="0666"  

Appreciate any help 

dmcgu
0 Kudos
0 Replies