Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

no nios ii target connection

ukuma8
Beginner

eclipse is not detecting any target connection and i downloaded .sof file in FPGA. i pressed several times refersh connections but it is not detecting. in my design niosii,clk with 24mhz,on chip mem,jtag uart and pio.iam using quartus ii 13.1 ver in windows 8,cyclone iii fpga and USB blaster ii. please help..

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

I consider that you already checked the connection cable to ignore the system ID by checking the check box of it. If not please do it. After that I recommend you to share with me a screenshot of the qsys design so I may find the issue.

Regards,

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

thanks for ur reply .

yes i already checked above condition so many times. so i will share screen shots (qsys design,nios ii eclipse target connection detection problem,etc.) please give me solution.

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

below files are screen shots

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

I see no issue with the Qsys. I recommend you to change the JTAg configuration as follow:

- Open a Command prompt

-Type the following command

jtagconfig

-Verify which cable number you are using

-Type the following command: 

jtagconfig --setparam <cable number> JtagClock 16M

-Verify the change by typing the following command: 

jtagconfig - -getparam <cable number> JtagClock

If it is not working, please reduce the JTAG clock, and let me know your feedback.

Regards,

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

thanku for ur reply.

now target connection is detecting.but while loading .elf file it is showing an error that is downloading .elf process failed.

then i added system id(ID-0x00001234) ip and again generated and loaded into FPGA but nios eclipse showing that sys id and timestamp mismatch occured.

and also some warning are showing in nios eclipse platform like WARNING:FWD_pointer and please report.

so how can i solve this issue? Iam using quartus ii 13.1 web edition.

please help me.

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi, please open the "Target connection tab" and check ignore system ID mismatch, then refresh connections.

attached is a screen shot showing the "Run configuration" window

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

f6b14-eclipse_quartus_nios_4.png

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

yes, i ignored system id and time stamp in target connection tab.still iam getting downloading .elf process failed.

and also clk and reset pin are fine.

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

and also i did refersh connections many times still the problem was not solved.

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

usb blaster -ii emulator is detecting in target connection tab but while loading downloading .elf process failed is showing .

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Check the project folder if there is no .elf file that means there is an error stops the making of the .elf file, in this case please check the BSP settings and the memory size.

If there is an .elf file please check the JTAg speed configuration and try to reduce it via the following command :

jtagconfig --setparam 1 JtagClock 6M 

please also watch the following video which is very useful:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGRV_enMY756MY757&sxsrf=ACYBGNT3hX9thOGE4P9e9sGZc_0nmdNZig%3A1568254388438&ei=tKl5XdepGsPTz7sP3uq4qAI&q=jtag+configuration&oq=jtag+configuration&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i22i30l9.12124.13822..14102...0.4..0.73.523.8......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j35i39.umUdqQlFaBw&ved=0ahUKEwjX0_XtmsrkAhXD6XMBHV41DiUQ4dUDCAo&uact=5#kp...

Regards,

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

thanku...above solution is perfect one....now i am able load .elf through emulator..

but while putting breakpoints it is not enabling and also stepinto also not working.

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your confirmation. Can you please elaborate more about the next error? What breakpoints you add?

If you are OK to open another thread to keep each question in a separate thread this will be much helpful to the other users in future to search for each error and find the solution.

I really appreciate your help to validate Intel solutions.

Regards.

0 Kudos