Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

please help me!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

when I made a little change of the software example of telnet_server in IDE,afert build and program,the result was : 

Telnet Server starting up 

Your Ethernet MAC address is 00:07:ed:ff:34:56 

[tcpip_init_done]fatal:Can't add ethernet interface! 

I don't know the reason why,the host and the subject board were in communication,but the host can transiant data package,but not receive data package,can you help me ?THANKS!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div> 

--- Quote Start ---  

when I made a little change of the software example of telnet_server in IDE,afert build and program,the result was : 

Telnet Server starting up 

Your Ethernet MAC address is 00:07:ed:ff:34:56 

[tcpip_init_done]fatal:Can&#39;t add ethernet interface! 

I don&#39;t know the reason why,the host and the subject board were in communication,but the host can transiant data package,but not receive data package,can you help me ?THANKS![/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

Would I be right in assuming that you tested the example before making your "little change" and it worked? If so I suspect the "little change" is your problem. If not then you should concentrate on getting the unmodified example to work. 

The Can&#39;t add ethernet interface implies that the function lwip_devices_init is failing, you should step through this function to find out why.
0 Kudos