Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

problem with NiosII IDE 5.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Everyone, 

I have installed NiosII IDE5.1, but when I compiled any project, the following errors occurred. 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:119: `: No such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:119: "c:/altera/kits/nios2_51"`: No such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:119: /components/altera_hal/build/gnu_rules.mk: No such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:123: `: No such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:123: "c:/altera/kits/nios2_51"`: No such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:123: /components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk: No such file or directory 

But I can find all the *.mk file in the corresponding directory. 

Anyone help? 

Thanks in advance...
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I had a similar problem when direcoty have some space bar character in path name, try to see it.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by david_cai@Feb 14 2006, 12:49 PM 

hi everyone, 

i have installed niosii ide5.1, but when i compiled any project, the following errors occurred. 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:119: `: no such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:119: "c:/altera/kits/nios2_51"`: no such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:119: /components/altera_hal/build/gnu_rules.mk: no such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:123: `: no such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:123: "c:/altera/kits/nios2_51"`: no such file or directory 

c:/altera/kits/nios2_51/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:123: /components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk: no such file or directory 

but i can find all the *.mk file in the corresponding directory. 

anyone help? 

thanks in advance... 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=12701) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

illege character 

" ` " http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

And so? all ok?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I can&#39;t find any space bar in the directory path and any illegal character. http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif  

Pls tell me in detail. 

Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have almost find the answer throught altera website. 

The following if FYI. 

Problem 

Why do I receive the following errors when trying to compile my Nios II project: ../app_rules.mk:152: \: No such file or directory? 

Solution 

You may receive the following errors when compiling a Nios® II software project if the mount point for the Cygwin toolset is not specified properly.  

------------------------------------------------------------- 

make -s all  

"X"which cygpath.exe 2> /dev/null`" was unexpected at this time.  

<Nios II install directory>/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:152: `: No such file or directory  

<Nios II install directory>/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:152: "<Nios II install directory>"`: No such file or directory  

<Nios II install directory>/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:152: /components/altera_hal/build/gnu_rules.mk: No such file or directory  

<Nios II install directory>/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:156: &#39;: No such file or directory  

<Nios II install directory>/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:156: "<Nios II install directory>"`: No such file or directory  

<Nios II install directory>/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:156: /components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk: No such file or directory  

make: *** No rule to make target `/components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk&#39;. Stop.  

Build completed  

------------------------------------------------------------- 

If this error does occur you can specify the proper moint points by running the following three commands from a DOS prompt:  

mount <Quartus® II Install directory>\bin\cygwin\ /  

mount <Quartus II Install directory>\bin\cygwin\bin /usr/bin  

mount <Quartus II Install directory>\bin\cygwin\lib /usr/lib  

But when I run the mount command in niosII SDK, it told me that command not found... 

Anyone help? 

THanks a lot...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The cygwin environment is installed along with Quartus II. To me, it looks like you have a corrupt Quartus II installation. I&#39;d start with uninstalling/re-installing Quartus II. 

Best Regards, 

- slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear all, 

I have solved the problem... http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif  

I would like to share it with all of you. 

1. In DOS shell, change the directory as the following path: 

C:\altera\quartus51sp1\bin\cygwin\bin 

where the mount command exist. 

2. run the following commands to specify mount point for the Cygwin toolset 

mount <Quartus® II Install directory>\bin\cygwin\ /  

mount <Quartus II Install directory>\bin\cygwin\bin /usr/bin  

mount <Quartus II Install directory>\bin\cygwin\lib /usr/lib  

Be sure that before you can execute the commands above correctly, you should login PC as an administrator. 

Thanks all the help... 

David
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem with NIOS 6.1 

Altera can't find the files: 

C:/altera/61/nios2eds/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:153: /components/altera_hal/build/gnu_rules.mk: No such file or directory 

C:/altera/61/nios2eds/components/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:157: /components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk: No such file or directory 

make: *** No rule to make target `/components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk'. Stop. 

Build completed in 1.139 seconds 

when they are clearly there. 

I tried the mount command in DOS and it replies "Device or resource busy" 

I had other later versions of Quartus and Nios on this computer and that could have caused this problem. Have since uninstalled them. I did a repair re-install of quartus and a complete re-install of NIOS IDE but that didn't help. 

Any suggestions? 

thanks
0 Kudos