Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

problem with nios ii software builder tool for eclipse importing tool issue

venkatasateesh
Beginner

Hi 

i am working on the Quartus prime lite 20.1 version on  windows 10 platform,issue is that when i am trying lunch  to nios iieclipse  after completion of niosii design , i am getting normal c/c++ eclipse platform  as shown in below  
figure.

paint2.png

i am not getting  niosii eclipse environment as shown below , let me known  did any one faced this issue what is the reason & any solution for it as soon as possible, 

niosiipaint.png

i tried with 19.1 version also the niosii eclipse could not respond and  did not opened the as shown in the above figure

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

You can open Windows, and search for Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse.

0 Kudos
raviganesh
Novice

The Nios II embedded design suite is messed up. There is no easy was to get going from 18 to 20 as it was with 17 to 18

1 18.1 Nios Eclipse projects do not import into 20.1 You have to recreate the project.

2. Installation of Eclipse for EDS itself is a challenging task. You have to copy paste the plugin from Intel, then enable WSL from Micorsoft , then install Ubuntu from Windows Stores and then some ubuntu tools like "make" via "apt" from Ubuntu.

See how messed up it is.

All of these are documented some where in bits and pieces, but no clear wiki encompassing the whole picture.

I got Nios 2 EDS 20.1  running in windows but I find no advantage compared to 18.1 Maybe this is a water shed period and some grand changes for the better is on the anvil.

Ravi

0 Kudos
venkatasateesh
Beginner

Hi raviganesh,

thank you for your valuable  information on this issue.i have resolved the issue , and strucked   with some other issue in eclipse

0 Kudos