Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

qsys-script hangs forever

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to run '$ qsys-script --script=generated_from_qsys.tcl' and the process hangs forever. 

Running on ubuntu 14.04. TLS, I know its not supported. 

So I'm not expecting a solution, but I think there's a deadlock between threads? 

Starting the program, waiting for "some" time, typing C^\, I get the following java thread dump: 

Thanks, 

Jos
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I had a similar problem when using the Intel FPGA OpenCL compiler 16.1, the process flow would simply hang on its firsts seconds, right after qsys-script was called. After CTRL+Cing it, no exception or dump was raised like yours. My solution was to delete all local files and folders generated by quartus on my home folder. I went further and deleted .local, .config, .cache and other folders in home (in my case I had nothing useful going on in this computer, so I had no worries if it broke my user). Compilation is now normal again. 

Cheers! 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I'm trying to run '$ qsys-script --script=generated_from_qsys.tcl' and the process hangs forever. 

Running on ubuntu 14.04. TLS, I know its not supported. 

So I'm not expecting a solution, but I think there's a deadlock between threads? 

Starting the program, waiting for "some" time, typing C^\, I get the following java thread dump: 

Thanks, 

Jos 

--- Quote End ---