Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

quartus ii 17.0 download firmware failed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

Recently I bought a terasic de1 soc board with CV and ARM on it. I created a very simple project from quartus ii 17.0 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0b91vihpboakpd2xyeuvvowtarws ). But when i tried to download to the board I got this error: 

Error (209040): Can't access JTAG chain 

Error (209015): Can't configure device. Expected JTAG ID code 0x02D120DD for device 2, but found JTAG ID code 0x00000000. Make sure the location of the target device on the circuit board matches the device's location in the device chain in the Chain Description File (.cdf). 

Error (209012): Operation failed 

any ideas? 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, did you select the FPGA device (click on the row) and tick the "program" box? Do not select the HPS row (DE1-SoC has 2 devices in the JTAG chain, one HPS and the other is the FPGA)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, did you select the FPGA device (click on the row) and tick the "program" box? Do not select the HPS row (DE1-SoC has 2 devices in the JTAG chain, one HPS and the other is the FPGA) 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, I did select the FPGA and leave HPS unselected.
0 Kudos