Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

question about using the DDR2 SDRAM in my DSP Development Kit, Cyclone III Edition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! 

I have a question about using the DDR2 SDRAM in my DSP Development Kit, Cyclone III Edition. I've built a Nios II system in SOPC Builder and I've included the component DDR2 SDRAM High Performance Controller. In the Parameter Settings I've chosen the Memory Preset "Micron MT47H32M16CC-3 X4 + MT47H32M8BP-3 X1" because they are the chips of my board. In "PLL reference clock frequency" I've put 50MHz and in "Memory clock frequency" 150 MHz. The rest of the parameters I left the default. Is that correct? 

I have 4 warnings in SOPC Builder: 

- cpu_0: The address range of the slaves connected to the Nios II instruction master exceeds 28 bits. Attempts to call functions across 28-bit boundaries is not supported by GCC and will result in linker errors. 

- altmemddr_0.s1: Signal local_be[18] of type byteenable must have width [1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128] 

- altmemddr_0.s1: readdata[144] width must be in {8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024} for dinamic addressing 

- altmemddr_0.s1: writedata[144] width must be in {8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024} for dinamic addressing  

Why do I get this warnings? 

When I generate the system I get the next error: "slave data width(144) for slave altmemddr_0/s1 unexpected" 

Moreover, in Quartus II I execute the tcl script altmemddr_0_phy_assignments.tcl. In the Pin Planner I get the pins of the SDRAM, but I don't know what location put in some of them because in my board there are two banks of memory (top and bottom), but the pins i get in the Pin planner do not refer to bottom or top. 

My version of Quartus II is 10.0sp1. 

Thanks to all.
0 Kudos
0 Replies