Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

questions of customize ip

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, everone.  

i want to customize ip in my nios design, i devide this new component to several sub-components, including several hdl files, rom.  

1.how can i add this ip to the nios? i already have the experiment of adding ip that contain only one hdl file, but i do not know how to add a ip with several blocks. 

this problem could be solved by combine the sub-blocks into one hdl file, but i want to keep the hierarchy. 

[h=2][/h] 

thanks!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks! 

i read the file, but i still do not know how to do. 

for example: 

my custom ip has a top file, and 2 vhdl files, 1 rom, 1 divider(the quartus' LPM_DIVIDE), 

in the "files" tab in the "component editor" of qsys, how can i add the files?  

should i add the rom.vhd and the divider.vhd?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

this should be correct.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi qd0090, 

Thanks for the post. I am new to cutomize design. 

This should be able to help me out with my implementation. 

The document suggested by Taz1984 is indeed useful. 

Try this Reference -> http://www.ent.mrt.ac.lk/~pasqual/courses/en2452/readings/making_qsys_components.pdf 

Cheers~
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi qd0090, 

Thanks for the post. I am new to cutomize design. 

This should be able to help me out with my implementation. 

The document suggested by Taz1984 is indeed useful. 

Try this Reference -> http://www.ent.mrt.ac.lk/~pasqual/courses/en2452/readings/making_qsys_components.pdf 

Cheers~