I have Quartus-lite-22.214.171.1240 installed on Debian Stretch. When I try to open the nios ii software build tools for eclipse from Tools menu,the eclipse start screen appear, then a empty window appear, and the messages pops up saying that the Nios II - eclipse is not responding. I tried waiting for sometime but it didn't work Is there anyone having this issue or are there any fixes? FYI - I installed Quartus and ModelSim in unattended mode
Hi,Refer the following links for NIOS II SBT, https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47405 https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd05222012_320.html https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd06192013_394.html Best Regards Vikas Jathar Intel Customer Support – Engineering (Under Contract to Intel)
Hi, I found the solution in this forum:
the problem was solved by following the document from "Intel": https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base...
The same instructions also included in the <Intel Quartus installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/README
these are the instructions that you will find for Quartus 20.1 lite
QUARTUS ECLIPSE MANUAL INSTALLATION
1. Download CDT 8.8.1 which is Eclipse C/C++ IDE for Mars.2
a. Windows: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/mars/2/eclipse...
b. Linux: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/mars/2/eclipse...
2. Extract the downloaded file into <Quartus installation directory>/nios2eds/bin. You should see <Quartus installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse
folder after extraction is done.
3. Rename <Quartus installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse folder to <Quartus installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2
4. Extract <Quartus installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2_plugins.zip (or tar.gz for Linux) to
<Quartus installation directory>/nios2eds/bin. The extraction will override files in <Quartus installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2.
5. Verify the extraction is done correctly by making sure you see <Quartus installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2/plugin_customization.ini file
6. You can now launch Nios2 II SBT for Eclipse via eclipse-nios2.exe