Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

"Source not found"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Very noob question but can you tell me why I keep getting "Source not found" when trying to debug a NIOS2 program for DE0 on Fedora? 

It happens as soon as it hits a line that needs an include such as calling rand from stdlib.h  

Sending it to the board works fine and I can light random LEDs, but I can't debug anything without commenting that stuff out which is daft.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Interesting, error only pop on that particular lines?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

At first yes. Mainly I just wanted random numbers. I gave up trying to talk to clock or timer external functions, then gave up using stdlib.h and just put the actual snippet from it into my code. Trying to debug that, it says Source not found on a line that has nothing external on it, just basic operators like divide and multiply. Very odd. It's done this to at least one other student I know. Googling, the only official Altera answer I could find was 'port your project to Eclipse'!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

this is bad.... but since your observation quite strange, did you maybe try to load a simple hello world with some normal operator just to confirm the setup that you have should be working normally.?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yeah, debug USUALLY works fine when there aren't new includes, and code with the include will compile and run fine on the DE0, if its good code. But when something goes wrong with the code and I want to watch variables to find out where, I can't, unless I remove all references to the external functions first.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

for this observation. possible only happens on with /s or /f type of nios core?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

for this observation. possible only happens on with /s or /f type of nios core? 

--- Quote End ---  

I don't understand what you mean, could you clarify? Please remember I'm a novice.
0 Kudos