Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

regarding data transfer between two custom components or peripherals

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I created register as the custom component and instantiated it twice.In a sopc system,now i have 2 separate registers,nios-ii processor,on-chip memory and also one DMA controller.I want to know,how to make data transfer between these two registers using a DMA controller.how and where,i want to mention the address for read and write from DMA. 

help me
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can see sopc generates two different base address for two different register.Using base address you can differentiate and communicate with two registers.For write operation you can use function.IOWR(BASE_ADDRESS,OFFSET,VALUE) and for read operation you can use function IORD(BASE_ADDRESS,OFFSET)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You can see sopc generates two different base address for two different register.Using base address you can differentiate and communicate with two registers.For write operation you can use function.IOWR(BASE_ADDRESS,OFFSET,VALUE) and for read operation you can use function IORD(BASE_ADDRESS,OFFSET) 

--- Quote End ---  

actually i really want to make data from one component gets transferred to another sir
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

actually i really want to make data from one component gets transferred to another sir 

--- Quote End ---  

You can assign address of one of your custom component as a read address of DMA and assign address of other custom component as a write address of DMA.You can find HAL driver of DMA in the user guide of DMA.
0 Kudos