Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

regarding data transfer between two custom components or peripherals

I created register as the custom component and instantiated it twice.In a sopc system,now i have 2 separate registers,nios-ii processor,on-chip memory and also one DMA controller.I want to know,how to make data transfer between these two registers using a DMA controller.how and where,i want to mention the address for read and write from DMA. 

help me
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

You can see sopc generates two different base address for two different register.Using base address you can differentiate and communicate with two registers.For write operation you can use function.IOWR(BASE_ADDRESS,OFFSET,VALUE) and for read operation you can use function IORD(BASE_ADDRESS,OFFSET)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

You can see sopc generates two different base address for two different register.Using base address you can differentiate and communicate with two registers.For write operation you can use function.IOWR(BASE_ADDRESS,OFFSET,VALUE) and for read operation you can use function IORD(BASE_ADDRESS,OFFSET) 

--- Quote End ---  

actually i really want to make data from one component gets transferred to another sir
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

actually i really want to make data from one component gets transferred to another sir 

--- Quote End ---  

You can assign address of one of your custom component as a read address of DMA and assign address of other custom component as a write address of DMA.You can find HAL driver of DMA in the user guide of DMA.