Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

relocatable builds with Nios II EDS project/workspaces

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am currently attempting to make an Eclipse project relocatable but the following binary files seem to hold absolute paths: 

[eclipse_workspace_name]\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\[project_name]\.location 

[eclipse_workspace_name]\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\[project_name]_bsp\.location 

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could suggest how these can be modified to use relative paths. It seems related to 

the initial project name requiring an absoulte path (eg in Nios II Application and BSP from Template). I have even attempted to  

modify the paths in these files with a binary editor but this seems to invalidate them. 

Without this I cannot rename/move the directory in which an Eclipse workspace/project is created as will not find resources, 

which is quite a problem. Our team is used to such flexibility with other tool chains. Any suggestions/advise very welcome.
0 Kudos
0 Replies