Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12604 Discussions

selected processor does not support `cpsid i' and `cpsie i' in arm mode.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi everyone, 

i'm new with ARMprocessor and dont know too much about DS-5. just alittle bit from my Softwares >>> SoC EDS 17.1 (from Altera) - DS-5 5.28 and my OS is Windows 10. I am using DS-5 for my SoC FPGA (DE0_Nano_SoC) Altera, which i use Toolchain Altera Baremetal GCC. Nowdays i wanted to use Interrupt for Private Timer and i got error which has conflict with the "alt_interrupt.c" source file from Altera HWlib. And the error appears with > selected processor does not support `cpsid i' 'cpsie i' in arm mode. I read all of the latest Disscusion in Community but didnt help me. I must say, that i manually write my type of cpu(Cortex- A9), type of architecture and etc. but didnt help. i even tried to compile in thumb mode, but didnt help. I thought mybe its a Bug between DS5 v5.28 and Windows10, so i tried it in Linux but i got the same error. When i use to compile another program without interrupt, then everything is fine. the problem might be in these lines >> 

ALT_STATUS_CODE alt_int_cpu_enable() 

alt_setbits_word(alt_int_base_cpu + 0x0, 0x1); /* iccicr */ 

/* Unmask IRQ interrupts from current processor. */ 

# if defined(__ARMCOMPILER_VERSION) 

__asm("CPSIE i");# elif defined(__ARMCC_VERSION) 

__enable_irq();# else 

__asm("CPSIE i");# endif 

return ALT_E_SUCCESS; 

ALT_STATUS_CODE alt_int_cpu_disable() 

alt_clrbits_word(alt_int_base_cpu + 0x0, 0x1); /* iccicr */ 

/* Mask IRQ interrupts from current processor. */ 

# if defined(__ARMCOMPILER_VERSION) 

__asm("CPSID i");# elif defined(__ARMCC_VERSION) 

__disable_irq();# else 

__asm("CPSID i");# endif 

return ALT_E_SUCCESS; 

is there anybody, that knows the problem?
0 Kudos
0 Replies