Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

soc...please help, is simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

someone could help me? 

I designed the nioss with sopcbuilder, code with eclipse, hardware ad-hoc with Quartus. 

Now how can I simulate it all together? 

I tried to add my vhdl code, in the code created by sopcBuilder, where it says: 

"<ALTERA_NOTE> INSERTED BETWEEN CODE HERE and add your component signal declaration here" 

but then ModelSim says: 

# ** Warning: (VSIM-3473) Component instance "componente_trasmissione: top_component_comunicatore" is not bound. 

why not bound? What's wrong? 

thanks very much.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

someone could help me? 

--- Quote End ---  

One post is plenty...exclamation points are not necessary...begging is not required...if it 'is simple', then you should be able to figure it out too. I would suggest Googling your error message and see if you can do it yourself, you'll be much more productive.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Now, okay? 

If I wrote on the forum of course I did not find anything on google do not you think? 

If you know the answer, tell me, otherwise goodbye, how were you forced to respond? 

Who are the champion of justice alters the forum?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Now, okay? 

If I wrote on the forum of course I did not find anything on google do not you think? 

--- Quote End ---  

I think you didn't look too hard, here are some resources 

From your other forum post...(admittedly this was not there before your first post here, but it was here before your reply here...but since it was a response to your post, I would think you should look there as well before posting again...apparently not) 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33560 

Google has a few good search results here that have been there all along which is why I suggested that you look. It's not hard, just Google the error message that you're getting. 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=warning%3a+(vsim-3473)+component+instance+is+not+bound

In particular, the following link from the Google search looks helpful...once you open the link search for 'bound' 

http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~leehs/ece3055/homework/modelsim_tut.pdf 

--- Quote Start ---  

If you know the answer, tell me, otherwise goodbye, how were you forced to respond? 

--- Quote End ---  

I did tell you the answer...you posted twice, don't you remember? I was simply suggesting that you could get answers more quickly by doing the search yourself. If you choose to not be productive, that's OK too. 

Let's see now. I gave you the answer in one place; in another place I suggested where you could go to find that answer and I showed you how to get answers for yourself for future questions that you may have...but apparently that wasn't sufficient for you. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Who are the champion of justice alters the forum? 

--- Quote End ---  

I don't know who the champions of justice are...Superman? Are you upset that you posted to two different forums, looked in one that didn't have the answer directly but suggested where to look to find that answer and now you're upset? 

Kevin Jennings
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Perhaps I did not explain, I do not need to resolve the warning, 

I want to know how to connect together and simulate a system consisting of: 

My VHDL code, 

nioss II 

and code C!
0 Kudos