Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

sopc-create-header-files: Failed writing output file to /tmp/sopc-create-header-files.206.tmp.swinfo

Evelyn412
Beginner
I update quartus project from 18.1 standard to 20.1.1 standard version. When I use sopc-create-header-files tool to generate the header file for the Qsys system, there is a mistake: Failed writing output file to /tmp/sopc-create-header-files.206.tmp.swinfo sopc-create-header-files: sopcinfo2swinfo.exe --input=./top.sopcinfo --output=/tmp/sopc-create-header-files.206.tmp.swinfo failed (There is no problem when I use the 18.1 standard version) Hope anyone knows can help me, thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi Evelyn412,

Refer to this post as it might help.

It maybe due to the previous Quartus installed in your OS

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-SoC-FPGA-Embedded/sopc-create-header-files-appears-to-have-broken-on-SoC-EDS-19-1/m-p/720796

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Evelyn412,

Any follow up from the previuos comment?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Evelyn412,

I will close this thread if no further question.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Evelyn412,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
Evelyn412
Beginner

Hi aikeu, the link to github can not be found now, and I have tried another way in your link, it is not helpful.

And I figured out that if I delete the /tmp/ folder in the sopc-create-header-files script file, it is OK now.

(change from swinfo_tmp_fname=/tmp/${PN}.$$.tmp.swinfo to swinfo_tmp_fname=${PN}.$$.tmp.swinfo)

It seems like that there is no permission to create the tmp folder.

0 Kudos
Evelyn412
Beginner

Hi aikeu, the link to github can not be found now, and I have tried another way in your link, it is not helpful.

And I figured out that if I delete the /tmp/ folder in the sopc-create-header-files script file, it is OK now.

(change from swinfo_tmp_fname=/tmp/${PN}.$$.tmp.swinfo to swinfo_tmp_fname=${PN}.$$.tmp.swinfo)

It seems like that there is no permission to create the tmp folder.

ps: I don't know why I cannot reply you before, the reply button is always grey...

0 Kudos