Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

sopc to qsys epcs migration issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everybody, 

I'm migrating from a Cyclone 3 and 10.1 Quartus project to a Cyclone 5 and 13.1 Quartus project. 

I followed the AN 632 guidelines for NIOS II migration from sopc builder to Qsys tool. Everything went fine but I had a problem with the epcs serial flash controller. 

I get the following warnings: 

Warning: cpu_MOD_CH: "No matching role found for cpu_custom_instruction_master_translator:ci_slave:ci_slave_ipending (ipending)" 

Warning: cpu_MOD_CH: "No matching role found for cpu_custom_instruction_master_translator:ci_slave:ci_slave_estatus (estatus)" 

Warning: cpu_MOD_CH: "No matching role found for epcs_flash_controller:epcs_control_port:endofpacket (endofpacket)" 

Warning: cpu_MOD_CH: "No matching role found for epcs_flash_controller:epcs_control_port:dataavailable (dataavailable)" 

Warning: cpu_MOD_CH: "No matching role found for epcs_flash_controller:epcs_control_port:readyfordata (readyfordata)" 

and I can't instantiate the flash epcs controller in the new NIOS II microcontroller. 

Any suggestion? 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can you snapshot the Qsys?