Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

.sopcinfo does not contain any CPU

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to build a multiprocessor system, using the Altera tutorial "tt_nios2_multiprocessor_design_v1". But after successful compilation when I am trying to include the sopcinfo in the NIOS II its showing .sopcinfo doesnot contain a CPU. I am not being able to figure out where am I going wrong.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hey, friend, did you resolve it? plz tell me how! thx a lot!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can you attach your Qsys and .sopcinfo file? 

What version of Quartus are you using?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I can attach my Qsys and .sopcinfo file, my OS is WIN7, the version of Quartus is 14.0.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi There. 

Did this ever get solved? I am having the same problem with Quartus 13.0sp1. 

I have followed this tutorial step by step: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a_cd6fbroa 

I have the same exact connections as seen in 4:43. But when I import the .sopcinfo file as in 10:02 I get the same screenshot as above. 

I am sure that this may be some small default missing, which the guy on the video has set already and forgot to talk about. 

Or maybe it can be some file access problem? 

I have Quartus installed on the default C:\Altera location, and my projects are created under the "My Documents" folder. 

O.S. is Windows 8.1 64 bits. 

Thanks, 

Marcelo.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

After installing the patch described here: 

[1] http://help.ece.ubc.ca/altera 

[2] ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/cygwin_p...gwin_patch.zip 

and re-creating the project from scratch, all seems to be working.
0 Kudos