Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

stand-alone Leightweight IP Package

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

when will the stand-alone Leightweight IP Package be available? 

Will it run on NIOS I or on NIOS II?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello mschulz, 

I don’t know when the package will be available but I think it will only be for the Nios II because for the Nios I you can take the ready PLUGS Library. 

Bye, 

niosIIuser
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi niosIIuser, 

the PLUGS is a library but not a complete stack (e.g. no windowing, no wait for ACK, ...) as the lwip is. 

So if mschulz needs a stack PLUGS is not a choice. 

It would be very helpful if the stand-alone lwip would also work together with NiosI. 

Regards, 

damc
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello damc, 

Thank you for that explanation. I would like to have the stand-alone lwip package also because I don’t want to use the MicroC/OS-II for the Nios II. 

Bye, 

niosIIuser
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi niosIIuser, 

right, but why should this stand-alone version only work together with NiosII? Shouldn't it be simple C?!?!? 

Bye, 

damc
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello damc, 

The provided lwip from Altera in the Nios II IDE isn’t a stand-alone version. It can only be used with the OS from Micrium. Of course it is only C but by knowledge about C and lwip is not enough to separate the lwip from the OS. That’s why I hope that the stand-alone lwip version for the Nios II will be released soon. 

Bye, 

niosIIuser
0 Kudos