Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

the system can not find the PCI Board??

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello, girls and guys. During these days, i have designed some small examples with Altera PCI board.(EP2C35).One of my designs contains the following parts: 

a PCI IP(Master/Slave,32 bit, 66MHz); 

a DMA Controller; 

a DDR2 SDRAM; 

a PLL( generate the requried clock for the DDR2 Controller). 

i have completed the compilation with QuartusII and Sopc Builder. Because of the lisence problem, i can only generate the time limited sof file. so i downloaded my design through the Jtag connector to the FPGA chip. however the system can not find the board, and it can not give some information like "find new hardware". 

i don't know why. so after plugging the board into the PCI slot, download the .sof file into the FPGA, restart my computer(not shut down), but the system still can not see the board.  

while for the factory design, which stored into the EPCS64, when power on, the system will give some tips like" find new hardware", and it will direct you to find the proper driver. 

i need to check my design again, but i really want to listen your ideas and advice. 

Expecting your inspration and experience! 

thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, guys, i have solved the above problem, and now i can find my board with the pc. 

Exciting! http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So, be so kind and tell us how you solved your problem. 

Thanks
0 Kudos