Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

tripple speed ethernet using DE2-115 and quartus II 10.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to establish a basic ethernet connection with the de2 115 cyclone IV E board, so that I can just send some data via the ethernet to another machine. I have generated the SOPC. In NIOS I have started with "simple socket server(RGMII)" , where a number of .c and .h files are generated automatically. But among them there is a file called tse_system.c where I am getting error. Moreover none of the .c files have a main() function. I am a complete beginner in this field. Can anybody please guide me about how to go about with this ethernet connection.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you solve your problem? 

now I am working on this issue and I have already build the SOPC, and I need a help to continue 

Thanks
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry but why on the hell on 2015 you want to use a version that is 5 year old and especially 10.0 that is the version where altera unified windows and linux QII in an unique way - lots of changes = lots of potential bugs to me. 

Even more SOPC builder is not even present in QII nowadays (since more than 1.5 year - if I remember correct 13.1 was latest version having this), move yourself to Qsys that is better in a lot of ways. 

Look altera website for more information. 

Told all the above if you've issue with a so old version of QII with tools that are no longer supported, I suspect that Altera (but will be true for any vendors) will not provide you support, but ask you to switch to a newer QII version. 

If I were in you I'll move all in 15.0. 

Note that just googling 2 seconds I was able to find altera reference design for ethernet (up to 14.1 updated). 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/design-examples/intellectual-property/embedded/nios... 

I suggest you to start from here.