Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

uClinux 3.7 libusb problems

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi,  

I'm relatively new to Altera and uClinux and I've run into a problem trying to use libusb.  

I currently have uClinux version 3.7.0 (git://sopc.et.ntust.edu.tw/git/linux-2.6.git) running on my DE2-115 board.  

I would like to use libusb to simplify interaction with hot-pluggable USB devices. I have been unable to make the libusb source (libusbx-1.0.17) using the linux-mmu toolchain (git://sopc.et.ntust.edu.tw/git/toolchain-mmu.git).  

I run into problems with udev when I try to configure with: 

./configure --host=nios2-linux --disable-shared --enable-static --with-pci-ids-path=/home/jim/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/user/pciutils --enable-debug LDFLAGS="-elf2flt=-s16000" CC=nios2-linux-gnu-gcc 

my configure fails with: 

checking libudev.h usability... yes 

checking libudev.h presence... yes 

checking for libudev.h... yes 

checking for udev_new in -ludev... no 

configure: error: "udev support requested but libudev not installed" 

I have spent several days trying to compile and install udev (various versions from udev1.32 -> udev1.82) with the nios2-toolchain but have been unsuccessful.  

Is anyone successfully using libusb on uClinux (with udev) 

Any assistance would be great.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

LDFLAGS="-elf2flt=-s16000" 

--- Quote End ---  

I think this is only for NO MMU.