Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

use University Program SD Card ip core - DE2

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all; 

I am a student from China,I'm using the University Program sd card ip core in my nios ii ,I have read the SD_Card_Interface_for_SoPC_Builder.pdf and use the program in the pdf. But the function alt_up_sd_card_is_Present() always return 0,seems that there is no sd card in my board ,  

PS: device_reference = alt_up_sd_card_open_dev(SD_CARD_INTERFACE_NAME) suceeds. 

:eek: 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's quite curious. 

I'm using quartus 11.1sp2
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

u said -"seems that there is no sd card in my board" -  

There is no SD card by default on the board on DE2. Insert it into the slot at the bottom correctly and check again .
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you included the SD Card module on your SOPC Builder / Qsys project? 

Have you used the alt_up_sd_card_open_dev function to open your device first?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using a 16M sd card now ,it works well,thanks

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

its like"my pc dosen't work. have you tried tuened it on? oh, yes! " that kind of thing

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Could you please tell me how did you configure your system step by step. I have added University IP cored(SD card) to my project and in nios ii I checked with the provided programme in the manual. In the nios ii project there are no errors and when I print the sd card reference it refers to a place in SDRAM. Also alt_up_sd_card_is_Present() function is not working. But there are no errors. Can you give me any help. Thank you very much...

0 Kudos