Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

use University Program SD Card ip core - DE2

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all; 

I am a student from China,I'm using the University Program sd card ip core in my nios ii ,I have read the SD_Card_Interface_for_SoPC_Builder.pdf and use the program in the pdf. But the function alt_up_sd_card_is_Present() always return 0,seems that there is no sd card in my board ,  

PS: device_reference = alt_up_sd_card_open_dev(SD_CARD_INTERFACE_NAME) suceeds. 

:eek: 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's quite curious. 

I'm using quartus 11.1sp2
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

u said -"seems that there is no sd card in my board" -  

There is no SD card by default on the board on DE2. Insert it into the slot at the bottom correctly and check again .
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you included the SD Card module on your SOPC Builder / Qsys project? 

Have you used the alt_up_sd_card_open_dev function to open your device first?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using a 16M sd card now ,it works well,thanks

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

its like"my pc dosen't work. have you tried tuened it on? oh, yes! " that kind of thing

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Could you please tell me how did you configure your system step by step. I have added University IP cored(SD card) to my project and in nios ii I checked with the provided programme in the manual. In the nios ii project there are no errors and when I print the sd card reference it refers to a place in SDRAM. Also alt_up_sd_card_is_Present() function is not working. But there are no errors. Can you give me any help. Thank you very much...