Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

using C2H with Quartus 11.0sp1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I want to use some legacy tools such as C2H with Quartus 11.0 sp1. 

I was trying to install the latest Quartus Web Edition v11.0 sp1. I first downloaded ACDS v11.0 sp1 Web Edition DVD (ISO) and then ran installer by using "virtual clone drive" but got the following error message:  

"'G:/altera_installer/bin\..\..' does not contain a valid nios2eds installer" 

Could someone help me solve this problem. 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I haven't mounted the installer .iso lately but I was able to do this with Daemon tools a few releases back. I would also give the online installer a shot, you can save off the downloaded files if you need to install/re-install the tools on different machines.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you so much for your kind response. 

I tried to use Daemon tools in both a windows 7 machine and a windows xp machine to install. But I got the same error message. 

If I unselected legacy tools, I could install Quartus.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If I find out a workaround then I'll post it here. I don't know when I'll hear back so I recommend using the downloader in the meantime.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I do not quite understand what "downloader" means. Do you mean I can download and install Quartus 11.0sp1 and the corresponding legacy NIOS IDE separtaly? Is there a link for the downlad? 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not sure if you can get seperate download executables anymore.... it has been a while since I have used those. 

The downloader was introduced around 2 years ago. It is around 12MB in size and when you run it you choose what you want to install then it will fetch the files you need. To keep the download time low I typically turn off device support for all the FPGAs that I don't need Quartus support for. If you want to reuse the downloaded files on other machines you just copy it over and install it again but point it at the local copy of the files. I think the downloader has a short document explaining how to use it. Not sure where the link is for that though.
0 Kudos