Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

uuid.h/luuid problem, please help

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

sory for annoying topic, but i've tried all possible solutions in the forum. 

After ./update I cannot compile a simple kernel. 

First i recieved a uuid.h not found error during compilation. 

I made a research and found that the problem was in the absence of uuid-devel package, so I reinstalled it. But this hasn't helped. 

So i found uuid.h file in /usr/include and put it in the required directory under ../uClinux-dist/user/mtd-utils/.../include/uuid/ and the error gone, but another one has come up: 

CHK include/version.h LD mkfs.ubifs/mkfs.ubifs /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** Error 1 make: Leaving directory `/home/Vasek/linux_tools/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/user/mtd-utils/36d8de81049c9c908740b690c664b5bd3703ccd6' make: *** Error 2 make: Leaving directory `/home/Vasek/linux_tools/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/user/mtd-utils' make: *** Error 2 make: Leaving directory `/home/Vasek/linux_tools/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/user' make: *** Error 2 make: Leaving directory `/home/Vasek/linux_tools/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/user' make: *** Error 1  

I'm at the unstable-nios2mmu branch in linux-2.6 and at trunk in uClinux-dist. 

Please, help. What am I doing wrong?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

CHK include/version.h LD mkfs.ubifs/mkfs.ubifs /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid The linker says "I searched the library 'libuuid.a' or 'libuuid.so', but I couldn't find it".  

So please try 

Library Configuration ---> <select> 

--- *** Additional Blackfin dist libs ***  

[ ] Build dmalloc  

[* ] Build e2fsprogs-libs  

[ ] Build eXosip 

Kazu
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Kazu, 

thank you very much for your help. 

Actually I haven't tried your solution, but switching to the nios2 branch (i was at unstable-nios2mmu before), updating and reinstalling e2fsprogs-devel package did the job. 

Thanks again. 

Now I can move forward.