Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

verify failed between address 0x3000020 and 0x300988B

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

When I build and download my Hello World application using the 'Run Configurations' GUI menu in Eclipse, I get a 'verify failed' error. Anyone know what this indicates and how I can resolve this? 

I use NIOS II pocessor with (cpu, jtag, ssram, memory flash, led)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

before you can download any code to your Nios you have to configure teh FPGA first. Use the Quartus programmer to download the .sof according to your NIOS first. After that you can download the NIOS code as often as you want, unless you do a power reset.  

If you do have an EPCS or CFI Flash then you can download the .sof to it, after that you can directly start your NIOS programm.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi there, 

before you can download any code to your Nios you have to configure teh FPGA first. Use the Quartus programmer to download the .sof according to your NIOS first. After that you can download the NIOS code as often as you want, unless you do a power reset.  

If you do have an EPCS or CFI Flash then you can download the .sof to it, after that you can directly start your NIOS programm. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks Dtelrest to answer me and tried to find a solution :) ^^,what you said I did it , and I don't found no problem with quartus , but the problem exists at Eclipse after making a new project and compiled an example (Hellow world ) it does not work but if I compile the example (Hellow word small) it works but I can't light the LEDs with (hellow world Small). :(
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

do both projects use the same BSP for compiling? Normally i do get this kind of issue, if there's no fpga design available when i try to download the .elf from eclipse. 

What exactly is the difference between your hello world and hello world small?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I think the Hello World project uses like 30kB of program memory, as you said the small version works please verify in the Linker Tab on the BSP Editor if your program data resides in a sufficient size memory.
0 Kudos