Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

web server demo program using de2_115 kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I am working on web server demo program and getting errors while building the project.The errors are shown below 

error: 'EXT_FLASH_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) network_utilities.c web_server_rgmii_0 line 290 

error: 'EXT_FLASH_NAME' undeclared (first use in this function) network_utilities.c web_server_rgmii_0 line 213 

error: 'EXT_FLASH_NAME' undeclared (first use in this function) network_utilities.c web_server_rgmii_0 line 419 

Please help me solving these errors . 

pramod,
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you have a look at the network_utilities.c file you will find functions that give the kit's MAC address. By default when you create a web server demo application, the created functions in network_utilities.c expect to find a parallel flash called EXT_FLASH, and read the MAC address from there. It's possible that your kit uses a different flash, or a flash with a different name. 

You should have some example applications that were delivered with your kit. You can copy the network_utilities.c file from those examples, or edit the file yourself so that it doesn't try to read from the flash but return a fixed MAC address instead.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sir,  

Thank you for the reply.I have been searching for the file network_utilities.c and I am unable to find it.If u have any references for that file please guide us through your reply. 

Pramod
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The file network_utilities.c should be in your project with the other source files. It should even be in the file list in the IDE.