Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12410 Discussions

what is the compile environment of cyclone v?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I write a c language file and compile it in my own computer.And I copy the .out file into the Linux system on cyclone v.But it can run. 

And I want to know what is the compile environment if cyclone v so I can build a environment in my pc. 

If someone knows please tell me.Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't know if this matches your question, but a FPGA can be programmed in VHDL or Verilog or OpenCL which is Hardware programming and - if we are talking on Software - you can run a softcore (like the NIOSII) / have a Hardcore µC (on selected devices) on chip. These processors are either programmed using the Eclipse tool coming with ALTERA QII or - at least for the hardcore (I think) - using the hardcore chip manufacturer's tool. 

If you are talking on Linux - do you run Linux on the µC on the chip?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I don't know if this matches your question, but a FPGA can be programmed in VHDL or Verilog or OpenCL which is Hardware programming and - if we are talking on Software - you can run a softcore (like the NIOSII) / have a Hardcore µC (on selected devices) on chip. These processors are either programmed using the Eclipse tool coming with ALTERA QII or - at least for the hardcore (I think) - using the hardcore chip manufacturer's tool. 

If you are talking on Linux - do you run Linux on the µC on the chip? 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes.I run a ubuntu on Cyclone V.But compiling on arm can be very slow.So I want to compile and build a .out file in my own pc.Then copy the .out file into ubuntu and run it. 

I need to build a cross-compilation environment in my pc.And I want to know how to build it.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can look this page http://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/documentation/gsrd131gittrees#build_toolchain 

see the build toochain. It will tell you how to build a corss compliation environment in you pc.Then you can copy the .out file to FPGA and run it.