OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Atom E3825 Support

Matthew_Y_
Beginner

I am considering using the Intel minnowboard max for a compute-intensive project, and I was wondering if the GPU in the included Atom E3825 chip supports OpenCL. The release notes mention some lower-end Z series atom chips, but not the E38xx series.

If not Intel's SDK, is there another way to run OpenCL code on the GPU in that chip?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

According to ark.intel.com, Atom E3825 has the hardware to support GPU OpenCL (for Windows).  However, I'm gathering more information and hope to get back to you soon.  

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

From a hardware and driver perspective there is no obvious reason why OpenCL would not work on E3xxx.  However, validation has not expanded to this group of processors yet.  No problems are expected, but if issues arise  they will need to be reproduced on the configurations listed in the release notes for full support. 

0 Kudos