OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

CPU/GPU and Accelerator workable with Intel OpenCL SDK 1.5

kerotankcn_ne_jp
Beginner
Please tell me what kinds of CPU/GPU or Accelerator for PC is workable with Intel OpenCL SDK 1.5.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee
The Intel OpenCL SDK 1.5 is Intel implementation of OpenCL for Intel processors. It support only CPU devices.
For more information on supported processors see:Release Notes
Regards,
- Arnon Peleg@IntelOpenCL
0 Kudos
kerotankcn_ne_jp
Beginner
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your advice. I can see the result of the sample programs workable with Intel OpenCL SDK 1.5 on my Lenovo PC with intel CORE i5.
Regards,
---------------
Noriko ETANI
0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator
Hi Arnon,

Does Intel OpenCL support/utilize Quick Sync Video of the 2nd generationCore i(x) processors?

Best regards,
Tamer
0 Kudos
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Pure interoperability with Quick Sync Video is not available on 2nd Gen Intel Core processors,
But, we do provide a sample that demonstrate OpenCL interop with Media SDK on the CPU side,
Regards,
Arnon
0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator
Hi Arnon,

Thank you for the information.

Does the embeddedIntel HD Graphics 3000 chip supportGPGPU extensions anyway, either using OpenCL or AMP?

Regards,
Tamer
0 Kudos
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee
No,
See details in the FAQ page as well as in this thread.
Arnon
0 Kudos
kerotankcn_ne_jp
Beginner
Hi,
My PC's specification is as follows:
-----------------
PC: Shuttle
CPU: Intel CORE i7
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6700 series
Development Tool: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
------------------
Six samples of Intel OpenCL SDK 1.5 are workable in my PC without GPU.
Can "clCreateContextFromType()" in this SDK API use a platform(CPU) and a device(GPU), and make them availableto create the OpneCL context not only on a CPU, but also on a GPU?Can a kernel program work not only on a CPU, but also on a GPU separetely?
Regards,
Noriko ETANI
0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator
Hi Noriko,

Intel implementation of OpenCL supports kernel excution on CPU only as Arnon mentioned.
AMD and Nvidia implementations of OpenCLdo support kernel excution on GPU as well as on CPU.

Regards,
Tamer

0 Kudos
kerotankcn_ne_jp
Beginner
Hi, Tamer
Thank you for your advice. I can confirm the difference between Intel OpenCL and AMD/Nvidia OpenCL.
Regards,
Noriko ETANI
0 Kudos