OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Can't install intel SDK for OpenCL -CPU only runtime package

Makita
Beginner
I can't install Intel SDK for OpenCL CPU only runtime package for Intel Core and Intel Xeon Processors. (Version 16.1.2 x64) I tried it when it appeared warning message.The warining message content is Intel HD graphics driver is installed.Uninstall it before installing SDK for OpenCL -CPU only runtime package for intel Core and Intel Xeon Processors. But, I executed Intel SDK for OpenCL CPU only runtime package after uninstalled Intel HD graphics driver and rebooted. Could you tell me how to solve the matter and What does Windows10(20H1) support the version of Intel SDK for OpenCL CPU only runtime package for Intel Core and Intel Xeon Processors ?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
cw_intel

Hi,

There is a known issue in the old installer that when GPU driver is installed, CPU RT cannot be installed. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/intel-cpu-runtime-for-opencl-applications-with-sycl-support.html describes this known issue. You can try the workaround provided in this link. Or you can update to the higher version, since this issue is fixed in 2021.1.

Additional, this is the release notes for Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/opencl-runtime-release-notes.html). You can find more details for the versions supported on Windows10. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you for a long time so we are assuming that the provided details helped you in solving your problem. We will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks

0 Kudos