OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Code Builder not initialized

Bartłomiej_W_
Beginner

Hello,

I just installed Intel® SDK for OpenCL* Applications 2016, and for both VS 2013 and VS 2015 I am getting this error:

Code Builder not initialized.

Unable to load DLL 'KernelBuilderAPI.dll': the specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F).

I tried repairing the installation, then uninstall and reinstall, each time restarting the machine. I did quit all the applications that the setup wanted me to. Nothing helped. KernelBuilder.API.dll is of course present in the c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\bin\x64\ and c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\bin\x86\ directories. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Bartłomiej,

Which OS are you using? Which processor?

I experienced similar problems on Windows 8.1 running on 3rd generation Intel(R) Core processors. If that's what you have, I suggest fully uninstalling Intel® SDK for OpenCL* Applications 2016 and then trying the previous versions. On some machines, you need to downgrade the graphics driver to the previous version available here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000-for-3rd-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors

Let me know if these suggestions worked for you.

0 Kudos
Bartłomiej_W_
Beginner

Thanks. I am running Windows 10 on Dual Xeon X5680, nVidia Quadro K5200 as the GPU. 

I'll check the 2015R3, but the whole point is to have VS 2013 and possibly VS 2015 integration. 

0 Kudos
Bartłomiej_W_
Beginner

Unfortunately, the issue is the same with 2015R3.

0 Kudos
mao__eric
Beginner

I also met this problem . My cpu is i5-3210M @2.5G and the gpu is HD Graphics 4000. ,system is win10 64bit VS2012.

When launch the vs2012 report error about can't load dll 'KernelBuilderAPI.dll.  So i add path "c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\bin\x64\ " to project setting. and the opencl sample BitonicSort can run correct.

0 Kudos