OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Compiler flags to find Shared memory usage -OpenCL

evk8888
Beginner

Hello,

I would to know if intel opencl compiler offers any compiler flags to get to know the usage of shared memory by opencl kernels. I would like to know it in order to give a suitable workgroup for the kernel. I am using Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU  E5649  @ 2.53GHz with OpenCL 1.1

Thanks in advance

vinoth

0 Kudos
3 Replies
evk8888
Beginner

Some more clarification....

Is there any Compiler Flags for the intel processor graphics to get SLM info. Also, is there something similar for CPU for work-group optimizations? Probably based on max compute units or kernel SLM usage or register usage?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Rami_J_Intel
Employee

Hi;

Does the query clGetKernelWorkGroupInfo ( ... ,CL_KERNEL_LOCAL_MEM_SIZE,...) answers your needs?

Rami

0 Kudos
evk8888
Beginner

Hello,

CL_KERNEL_LOCAL_MEM_SIZE works. Thanks Rami. I would like to know how this information can be used to set the work-group for the kernel for a CPU. Intel provides this information for INTEL graphics processor.. http://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/opencl/optimization-guide/index.htm#Work-Group_Size_Considerations.htm

But i am more interested in CPUs. I know intel provides CL_KERNEL_PREFERRED_WORK_GROUP_SIZE_MULTIPLE. Is thr something else based on register and SLM usage inorder to use the cores optimally.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos