OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Frequent BSoD on Win10 -- 24.20.100.6025 NEO

allanmac1
Beginner

When I execute my kernels, I'm frequently seeing a Blue Screen of Death with the .6025 driver on my Win10 workstation.

The processor is a Core i7-7820HQ (HD 630).  There is also a Quadro M1200 onboard.

The Win10 version is not the latest as this is a corporate machine: v1607 / 14393.2189.

The same kernels never BSoD on my home machine (NUC7i5BNK) with the latest Win10.

I'm going to revert but let me know if there is any log or dump that might help debug this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
allanmac1
Beginner

The BSoD report is:

The Stop Code is:  SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

What failed: dxgmms2.sys

Again, this happens on a Dell 5520 laptop with both a HD630 and a Quadro M1200 onboard and running Win 10 Enterprise (v1607).

The same code never BSoDs on either an Apollo Lake N4200 or NUC 7i5BNK running the latest Win10 Pro.

Older drivers (e.g. .4664) don't crash either.

There is clearly a major driver bug.

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi Allanmac,

I'll look to file it. Thanks for your report.

On Windows systems, users may consider trying a driver distribution directly from the OEM or vendor support page. Vendors repackage, tweak, and augment Intel provided platforms.

-MichaelC

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

Also, thanks for being active on here. Always great discussion with you.

0 Kudos